Enter Project Proposal
Project Proposals are used to generate project estimates for prospective customers. Project Proposals provide a complete project plan and budget estimate for a customer. Proposals can be configured from templates, revisions can be maintained, and Proposal outputs can be generated. Upon a favorable decision from the customer, the Proposal is converted directly to a Project where it can be immediately executed on.
- Navigate to Sales / Projects / Project Proposals View
- Click New or a project name to edit an existing Proposal
- Name: Name of the Proposal / Project. Entered by the User, and can be changed at any time.
- Project Type: User can select from the following values (Proposal, Project, Template, or Change Order)
- Account: Allows user to lookup a Customer or Prospect Record. When this record is selected, default values are populated from the Account record (Price List, Rate List, Billing Address, Delivery Address, and Payment Terms)
- Deliver to Address: Deliver To Address can be selected to automatically populate the project address from a predetermined customer address record.
- Contact: User can lookup a Contact to associate with the Proposal / Project.
- Agreement: Associated Service Agreement (optional)
- Project Class: Project Class can be looked up from a user defined table. Project Class is informational field only for reporting and categorization of Projects.
- Site: A site represents a physical location for an organization. User can look up from a valid list of Site / Location records. Additional Site locations can be created. Site Locations are used during Resource Planning and Scheduling to filter lists of available resources by Site.
- Start Date: Enter the Start Date of the Project. The Start date can also be modified from the Gantt View. Projects are schedule forward from the Project Start Date
- Finish Date: Finish Date is calculated by the Work Breakdown Structure schedule.
- Phone Calls
A Google Map link is automatically created. This link can be accessed from this Project form, or from Appointment records generated for Project Field Resources.
- Salesperson (Owner): Represents the Salesperson or Owner of the proposal / project record. Valid user records may be assigned to this lookup field. This is technically the owner of the record for security purposes. Out of box “My Open ..” Views include records where the current user is equal to the Salesperson / Owner.
- Project Manager: Valid User records may be assigned as the Project Manager. Out of box “My Open ..” Views include records where the current user is equal to the Project Manager.
- Pipeline Stage: Used for sales pipeline tracking and reporting. Proposals represent a company’s sales pipeline. Users can configure their own stages for tracking purposes
- Probability: Probability of successfully closing the sales opportunity represented by the proposal
- Bid Date: Date that project bids are due. This is typically used for construction industry projects
- Estimate Close Date: Date that the opportunity / proposal is expected to be closed
- Estimated Revenue: Used for tracking purposes, before the full project estimated and budget is created.
- Target Completion Date: Date the project is expected to be completed
- Project Lead: If the proposal was qualified from a Project Lead, the related project lead will be populated here.
- Opportunity: If the proposal is related to a CRM sales Opportunity it will be populated here.
- Account: Account will default from the project and be changed by the user
- Contact: Select the contact record for this project stakeholder
- Stakeholder Role: Select a stakeholder role
- Portal Access: Select default ProjectStream Portal Access
Estimating Assumptions and Terms
- Estimating Assumptions: Estimating assumptions can be entered by the salesperson for output to the project proposal report
- Terms: The Proposal terms can be entered by the salesperson for output to the project report
- ID: Automatically assigned by ProjectStream 365
- WBS: Work Breakdown Structure ID, automatically assigned by ProjectStream 365
- Task (Name): Enter the Task Name directly into the Gantt view grid.
- Duration: Enter the duration measured in days. Finish Date will automatically be calculated and the graphical Gantt chart will extend the task duration (right hand pane)
- Start Date: Start can be set manually. This will override the default start date that is automatically calculated based on predecessor assignments
- End Date: Changing the finish date will automatically recalculate the Duration Field.
- Progress: Represents the percentage complete on a Project Task
- Status: Valid Status values are Estimate, Open, Completed, and Closed
- Predecessor: Task IDs that must happen prior to this task. Multiple IDs can be assigned. These relationships can also be editing graphically in the Gantt View by dragging a link between two tasks
- Resources: Click to assign a Project Resource. Multiple Project Resources can be assigned to a single Project Task.
- Forecasted Work Hours: These are the estimated / forecasted work hours for the project tasks
- Forecast Cost: Estimate / Forecast Cost of the task. Parent Tasks are automatically rolled up.
- Forecast Billings: Estimate / Forecast Billings of the task. Parent Tasks are automatically rolled up.
- Forecast Profit: Forecasted Profit of a Task. Parent Tasks are automatically rolled up.