Enter Purchase Transactions
Purchasing transactions encompass the full range of transactions that can be entered against a purchase order. Purchase transactions include the following types of transactions:
- Open an existing purchase order
- Navigate to Line Items Tab
- Either click on a PO Line Item to open all the detail fields for the line or use the scroll bar in the line item grid to display the fields needed to enter the transaction:
4. On the General Tab Complete the Purchase Transaction Section
5. Click Post
- Purchase Transaction Type: Enter the purchase transaction type
- Receipt / Invoice
- Posting Date: Enter the posting date
- Vendor Doc Number: Enter the vendors document number, (e.g. Packing Slip for a Receipt and Invoice Number for an Invoice or Receipt / Invoice)
- Auto Post: Selecting auto post = Yes, will automatically post the Purchase Transaction that gets generated. Selecting No will leave the purchase transaction unposted. Unposted purchase transaction can be edited, and would also be used when purchase invoice approval is required.
- Invoice Description: Enter the Invoice Description
- Payment Terms: Accept the default vendor terms from the Vendor or user can override for the purchase transaction.