Enter / Edit a Purchase Order
- Navigate to Purchasing / Purchase Orders
- Click + New to create a new Purchase Order, or select an existing Purchase Order to edit
Purchase Orders can be created directly within a project by selecting the Purchasing Tab
Users can automatically generate POs from the Purchasing Requirements Planning function
Enter / Edit PO (Header)
- Req / PO Number: Number is assigned automatically by ProjectStream's next number feature on initial save of the record.
- Vendor: Vendor is a lookup field against Account Records with the Vendor relationship type.
- Purchase Address: Defaulted from the Vendor Record. Can be overwritten by the user. Changing the purchase address will update the Ship To Address on the Purchase Order. The Ship To can optionally be mapped from the Project Delivery Address.
- Contact: Select a vendor contact record to associate with the Purchase Order
- Project: Will be defaulted if PO was created from a Project. This Project will be the default Project on any Purchase Order line items that are entered. Purchase order lines can contain multiple projects on the same PO.
- Owner: User record associated with owning this Purchase Order record. Ownership can impact security access as well as views of Purchase Orders, for example a view of ‘My Open Purchase Orders’ would show POs owned by the current user with a status of Open.
- Site: Site/Location where the Purchase is being made.
- Ship To Source: Enter the Ship To Source
Status / Dates
- Status: Default Status is “PO New”.
- New – New PO, if still being entered or edited.
- Revision - PO that has been previously released, and is now being revised.
- Submitted - PO has been submitted for approval (if approval process enabled).
- Approved - PO has been approved after submission (if approval process enabled).
- Returned- PO has been returned (rejected) after submission (if approval process enabled).
- Released – The Purchase Order has been Released to the Vendor
- Received – Set automatically when the purchase order is received in full
- Partially Received – Set automatically when the purchase order is partially received
- Closed – Set when the purchase order is invoiced in full
- Canceled - Set if the purchase order needs to be canceled
- Req Date: Requisition Date, if purchase order originated from a Requisition.
- PO Date: Date the PO was entered. Defaults to today’s date, but can be overwritten.
- Required Date: Default Required Date for the Purchase Order. This will become the default required date on purchase line items, but can be overwritten at the line item detail level.
- Promise Date: Date that the Vendor promises delivery. Entered by the user.
Enter / Edit PO Lines
- Navigate to the Line Items Tab
- Click +Add New PO Line to add to a line item or select an existing line item directly in the Line item grid to edit
- Line Number: Automatically assigned by ProjectStream.
- Project: Auto populated if PO header contains a Project number, otherwise user can look up a valid Purchase Order.
- Budget Line: Selecting the budget line will automatically populate all remaining fields from the related Project Budget.
- Product: User can select from valid Product Catalog item.
- COGS / Expense GL: This is the expense account that will be distributed when a Purchase Invoice is posted against this line item. The user can overwrite this value.
- Quantity: Defaulted from the project budget. Value can be overwritten.
- Unit Cost: Defaulted from the project budget. Value can be overwritten.
- Extended Cost: Calculated Field = Quantity x Unit Cost
- Name: Name of the Line Item, defaulted from the project budget. Value can be overwritten.
- Description: Long Description of the line item, for display on Purchase Order report sent to the vendor. Value is defaulted from the project budget, and can be overwritten.
- Required Date: Defaulted from the Req / PO Header and can be overwritten at the line item level.
- Promise Date: Defaulted from the Req / PO Header and can be overwritten at the line item level.
- Received Date: maintained by the system when the line is received in full
View PO Totals
- From an existing PO, navigate to the Totals Tab
- View PO Totals