Generate POs from Purchasing Plan
ProjectStream 365 Includes comprehensive purchasing planning capabilities. Purchase Plans can be generated for one or more projects across one or more vendors. The planning module automatically calculates suggested purchases based on demand from project budgets, and supply from committed PO's and inventory. PO's can then be automatically generated.
Create a New Purchasing Plan
- Navigate to a project and select Purchasing
- Click the expand menu (three dots) in the Purchasing Plans Window
- Click + New Plan
- Complete Purchasing Plan details
- Click Save
Purchasing plans can also be created, viewed and edited from within a Vendor record. The respective Vendor automatically becomes a filter for the plan.
- Name: Name of the Purchasing Plan
- Buyer: Buyer for this plan. User selected will become the Buyer on all generated PO's.
- Required Date: Enter a Required Date filter. Required Dates are based on Task Start Date (for the project budget) less vendor/item lead times.
- Project Manager: Purchase suggestions will be limited to Projects containing the Project Manager selected
- Project: Purchase suggestions will be limited to the Project selected
- Vendor: Purchase suggestions will be limited to Projects containing the Project Manager selected
- Scope: Purchase suggestions will be limited to Projects containing the Project Manager selected
When multiple filter are selected the system treats it as an AND CLAUSE when querying records to make suggestions.
- Create PO Per: Select a valid option
- Project: System will create one PO for every Project / Vendor combination
- Vendor: System will create one PO for every Vendor
Generate Purchasing Suggestions
- From an existing project, select Process / Process PO
- Enter Vendor and Required date (if necessary)
- Click Submit
Edit Purchasing Suggestions
- After Purchase Plan has been generated, click on Budgets Tab
- Edit Suggested PO information
- Vendor: Will be mapped to the Vendor on the processed purchase orders
- Existing PO: Selecting an existing PO, will add the suggested line item to the PO selected.
- PO Required Date: Will be mapped to the required date on the PO Line
- PO Quantity: Will be mapped to the PO Line quantity
- PO Unit Cost: Will be mapped to the PO Line Unit Cost
Process Purchase Orders
- After reviewing and editing Purchasing suggestions, Select Process / Process POs
- System will create purchase orders for all line items where PO Quantity is not equal to zero
Review Generated Purchase Orders
- From the Purchasing Plan, select the Purchase Orders Tab
- Review / Edit Purchase Orders