Return Inventory from Projects
If a user mistakenly issues inventory to a project, the transaction can be reversed. Reversing an issue transaction involves entering a negative quantity issue transaction:
- Navigate to Inventory / Inventory Trx
- Click + New
- Complete the Inventory Transaction Form
- Transaction Type: Accept default value "Issue"
- Project: Select the Project to issue the inventory against.
- Task: Select the Project task to issue the inventory against
- Budget: Select the budget to to issue the inventory against
- Product: Select a product (note: could also scan a bar-code of the product number to perform the search for this step)
- From Location: Select the location to issue the inventory from (e.g. Warehouse)
- Quantity: Select the quantity to issue Quantity is negative for a Return type transaction
- Click Save and Close