Enter and Submit Project Expenses
Project Expenses can be entered against projects and submitted for approval.
Enter / Edit Project Expense (header)
- Navigate to Purchasing / Project Expenses
- Click + New to enter a new Project Expense Report
- Complete the Project Expense (header) form
- Click Save
- Project Resource: Project Resource is the user that the expense report is being posted for. This defaults to the current user's Project Resource record. With appropriate security rights the Owner of the record can change the Project Resource field and enter an expense report on another user’s behalf.
- Expense Report Name: Name of the report for reference only
- Posting Date: Select the expense report date.
- Approver: The approver is automatically assigned by the out-of-box workflow.
- Personal CC / Personal Cash: Personal payment methods will automatically create an AP transaction to reimburse the Employee, when the transaction is posted to the back office Financial / ERP solution. The Project Resource record contains the Vendor account that will be used for the transaction.
- Company Credit Card: Company CC selection will allow the user to select details that download from the card purchases. Company credit card method will automatically create an AP transaction to pay the credit card vendor. The Credit Card maintenance form contains the Vendor that will be used for the transaction.
- On Account: The On Account payment method, when selected, allows for direct entry of vendor accounts payable expenses without a purchase order.
- Vendor: Available for On Account method
- Vendor Document Number: Enter the invoice number from the vendor that will be referenced in the back office accounts payable system.
Enter / Edit Expense Details
- From and Existing Project Expense Report Header, select Details Tab
- Expenses with Company Credit Card payment method will be downloaded and listed on the Credit Card Transactions tab to be selected and added to Expense Report
- Expenses from other payment methods: Click + Add New Expense Detail or click on an existing line to edit
- Complete the Expense Detail Quick Form
- Project: User can look up records from a valid list of open projects. The list will default to projects that the user is assigned to, but can be expanded to look at all open projects.
- Project Task: User can lookup records from a valid list of open project tasks for the previously selected project. The list will default to project tasks that the user is assigned to, but can be expanded to look at all open project tasks.
- Project Budget: User can select from a valid list of project budgets. Selection of the project budget defaults to values on the timesheet (UoM, Unit Cost, Profit Type, etc.)
- G/L Account: Defaulted from the cost category of the project budget, can be overwritten on the expense detail line
- Attendees: Enter any additional attendees (e.g. for Meal expenses)
- Business Purpose: Enter the business purpose of the expense
- Date: Enter the date of the expense line. Will default to the project expense (header) date
- Quantity: Enter the expense line quantity
- Unit Cost: Defaulted from the project budget line, the unit cost can be overwritten
- Total Cost: Calculated Field = Quantity x Unit Cost
- Bill Type: Represents the billing type for Time and Material budget lines
- STD: Standard Billing
- N/C: No Charge Billing: the Expense detail will show up on the Invoice, but will not be charged to the customer.
- N/B: No Bill – the timesheet detail will not be billed
- Billing Notes: Notes that can be displayed on Project billings for Time and Material billings.
Submit Project Expenses
- From a completed Project Expense Report, select Approval
- Select Submit