Edit a Timesheet
Project timesheet information generated from Project Appointments can be edited and new timesheet details can be created from the Project Timesheet entity.
View Your Open Timesheets
- Navigate to Resources / Timesheets
- Select the My Open Timesheets View
Enter / Edit Timesheet (Header)
- Navigate to My Open Timesheets
- Select and existing Timesheet or click +New to add a new Timesheet
- Complete the Timesheet form
- Project Resource: Project Resource that the timesheet is being posted for. Defaults to the current user's Project Resource record. With appropriate security rights the Owner of the record can change the Project Resource field and enter a Timesheet on another user's behalf
- Date: Entered by the user, represents the timesheet date.
- Period Begin: Based on the timesheet reporting frequency setup in ProjectStream setup. Options are daily and weekly. Represents the beginning date of the reporting period.
- Period End: Based on the timesheet reporting frequency setup in ProjectStream setup. Options are daily and weekly. Represents the ending date of the reporting period.
- Approver: Approver is automatically assigned by the out-of-box workflow rules.
Edit Timesheet Details
- From an open Timesheet, click on the Details Tab
- Edit the timesheet details by clicking on a line in the grid
- Make edits on the expansion window with line details
- Project: User can look up records from a valid list of open projects. The list will default to projects that the user is assigned to, but can be expanded to look at all open projects. Selection of the project will default the Account field and Project Number field on the form.
- Project Task: User can lookup records from a valid list of open project tasks for the previously selected project. The list will default to project tasks that the user is assigned to, but can be expanded to look at all open projects tasks.
- Project Budget: The project budget will be set automatically when a Project Task is selected and the Project Resource has been pre-assigned to the task. Otherwise a valid project budget will need to be selected. Selection of the project budget defaults values on the timesheet (UoM, Unit Cost, Profit Type, etc.).
- Bill Type: Represents the billing type for Time and Material budget lines
- STD: Standard Billing
- N/C: No Charge Billing. The timesheet detail will show up on the Invoice, but will not be charged to the customer.
- N/B: No Bill. The timesheet detail will not show up on the Invoice nor be billed
- Start Time: Start date and time of the timesheet detail record
- End Time: End date and time of the timesheet detail record
- Quantity (hours): calculated from Start and End Time
- Regular Hours: Automatically calculated from overtime rules, can be changed / redistributed by timesheet approver
- Overtime Hours: Automatically calculated from overtime rules, can be changed / redistributed by timesheet approver
- Billing Notes: Notes that can be displayed on Project billings for Time and Material billings.