Track Time with Appointments
ProjectStream 365 Appointments provide an easy and intuitive way for project resources to track time against projects. Appointments are standard CRM calendar events and integrate with Microsoft Outlook. Time is tracked by the user changing the status of an appointment.
Enter a Project Appointment
- Navigate to Resource / Appointments
- Click Appointment to add a new appointment or edit an existing appointment
- Appointments can also be created on behalf of the project resource using the Project Scheduling feature.
- Appointments can also be created from within Projects and Tasks, with defaults from current project information.
- Subject: Description of appointment. Subject gets mapped to the project billing.
- Appointment Status: New appointments will default to Scheduled.
- Project: Select a valid open project
- Project Task: Select a valid Project Task from the Project
- Budget Line: Select a valid Project Budget for the Project Task
- Location Information: Will default from
- Project Resource: Select the resource for the appointment
- Start Time: Start time of the appointment
- End Time: End time of the appointment
- Duration: Duration will be calculated or user can change. When changing the duration, the end time is recalculated.
Update Appointment Statuses
From an existing appointment, select Status button and choose a valid status:
- Scheduled: This is the initial status.
- Traveling: Use this status when traveling to and from projects
- In Progress: Use this status when working on the project / task. When switching to this status, the start time is logged and will keep track of the amount of time at the status.
- On Break: Depending on policy break time can be considered paid
- Lunch: Lunch time is usually tracked as unpaid time.
- Completed: Mark the appointment as completed when finished working on the project / task. Completed status also gets logged when transferring to another task. Upon completion the time captured against the appointment is written to the employee's Timesheet.
- Statuses are color coded on both the schedule board as well as on the mobile app.
- The above status description is typical for hourly employees. Time tracking for salaried employees can ignore the status changes and simply capture the amount of time that is scheduled on the appointment. For salaried employees, they would typically mark the appointment as completed and the scheduled time on the appointment would be transferred to their Timesheet.